- Richmond is not DC or NYC, so unfortunately you are not going to be able to go everywhere on the bus at any hour, but the GRTC buses are reliable and clean and can be very nice when parking’s an issue. Currently for 1 semester a GRTC pass through VCU costs $100 (with a $25 dollar replacement fee for a lost/stolen card). Visit the VCU Parking website to purchase a bus pass and have it mailed to you, or visit the parking office to pick one up. You must present your VCU ID each time you use your bus pass.
- The RamRide's VCU Campus Connector is great, free option for students going between the MCV campus in downtown to the undergraduate campus in the Fan District. It travels between Sanger Hall at the MCV campus to Cabell Library at the undergraduate campus, with stop points every few blocks along the way. No bus pass is necessary—simply present your VCU ID.
- Free RamRide shuttles run between most of the MCV parking lots, as well as between the VCU campus and the MCV campus.
- Stuck on campus late at night? RamSafe is the point-to-point evening transportation service dedicated for VCU students, faculty and staff. The program provides free transportation to on-campus locations and nearby residences and buildings within defined boundaries on the Monroe Park and MCV campuses. VCU students, faculty and staff are encouraged to submit their requests at ramsafe.vcu.edu or 828-SAFE (7233) between the hours of 5pm and 8am to schedule a ride. RamSafe operates 365 days a year. Faculty, staff and students on the MCV Campus should continue to contact 828-WALK (9255) for MCV Campus transports.
- Parking is difficult around the MCV Campus unless you have a VCU Permit.
- Street parking in Shockoe Bottom is an option, but will add 10 minutes of walking time.
- Street parking throughout the city is free after 6 PM on weeknights, and free on Saturdays and Sundays. Conveniently, the hospital visitor parking deck is free each weekend.
K Deck (7th & Marshall St. Deck)
A Lot (Broad Street/Franklin & 15th)
8th Street Deck (659 N. 8th St.)
I Lot (7th Street)
N Deck (E Leigh St and N 10th St)
D Deck (Attached to the hospital on N 13th St)
Meters after 6 PM
VCU Hospital Parking